Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back in Town

Woohoo...made it back home in one piece. I've unpacked and done two loads of laundry...time to start the homework. I've planned out what I need to complete for the next couple days so as long as I don't procrastinate...coughcough...I should be okay.

I've learned a lot from this trip. I've learned about Taiwanese culture and society norms and how small and insignificant I am in this big world. I've learned about myself and where my limits stand, and how vulnerable I am when I creep out of my comfort zone. I've met new friends and learned things about old friends. Despite the fact that there wasn't much "studying" on this trip, I would say I've learned a lot. I've come to appreciate Vancouver and all the things I take for granted such as plumbing and instant access to hot water. (There's more...but it's 1 in the morning and I'm too tired to think :( )

Things I will miss though, are the convenience of a 7-11 or food stall, the wifi that is everywhere, the low cost of everything, the food, and the nightmarkets. I've grown to love the exciting nightlife and I miss it a lot. But one thing I won't miss are the dangerous roads...

I will definitely one day go back to Taiwan; it was the most fun I have ever had travelling. I've been to a lot of relaxing vacationing places and I prefer the fast-paced and ever-moving cities because I feel you get to explore more, do more, and experience more. However, there is no place like home - Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment