Monday, February 7, 2011

Good Time Oldies

Nothing like combining the old capital if Taiwan...Tainan with some karaoke! Or excursion today included a tour bus with a playlist that ranged from the Beatles, Steve Miller Band, Roy Orbison, with a twist of Taiwanese pop music! Who knew our bus had so much talent? Or was it just the ability to be able to laugh at ourselves? Either way...we kept our driver busy with requests.

Our first of many stops included viewing a private collection of european art at a private museum, birdwatching of black-faced spoonbills in a conservation area, hiking a salt mountain, and finishing it off with a tour of the old city of Tainan. There was so much beautiful art to see. I really liked the Chinese Zodiac stones which were just a little too heavy to bring back on the plane with me but none the less I did manage to get a picture of myself sitting with the lucky rabbit. After all it is my lucky year and all! I have also been experimenting with food and trying new things, Tainan is known for its seafood...so I tried variations of octopus, shrimp, and white fish. I am a definite foodie and love to take pictures of all the yummy food I get to eat.

Looking fwd to starfruit in the morning...and biking in Meinung.

No comments:

Post a Comment