Monday, February 14, 2011

First day of school

I feel like a gr 8 all over again, writing "first day of school" as the title.

School was extremely interesting... It's really strange how the teachers move around, rather the students. Class sizes are bigger, there's a sink outside the classroom, students have NAP TIME, they have 8 classes a day and lunch is served to their classroom in buffet dishes and they have to bring their own bowls. It's all very new to me and it's an interesting perspective. It makes sense in a way...It's environmentally friendly and it saves money. Maybe our school should learn to do something like that, seeing as the cafeteria is losing lots of money (haha).

Mandarin class is boring...just like at Tech. But Andy and his friend "Tongue" made it very entertaining! Tongue introduced me to the highlighter crayon, which I bought 3 of at 9x9 today. SO COOL! He was amused at me being amused at his crayon. Their English book reminds me of our French workbooks. I was flipping through Andy's English book and I found something funny.

First, the example said
Animal: Shark
Problem: Sharks are being killed unnecessarily
Action to take: I will stop drinking shark fin soup

This is what he filled in for his:
I laughed REALLY hard on the inside because I didn't want to disrupt the class. Apparently if I do I will 死 (die) because the teacher doesn't allow eating or playing with an electronic device or anything out the ordinary...of which my buddy was doing the first two.

9x9 was AMAZING. $8NT pens and pencils...at home those would cost $120NT. I did some school supplies shopping and now I am good to start school again : )

It's about 10PM right now, I should finish my Grad Transition assignments. See ya'll tomorrow! : )

Pretty interesting day

No comments:

Post a Comment