Friday, February 18, 2011

Shower Caps & School



Steph and I got "shower cap" souvenirs from the famous hot springs in Yangmingsham National Park. Got a little nauseous on the way up the mountain. I think we got some strange looks when we got back to the hotel room in Taipei.




Ms.Yeh put our BASE leaders to work by letting them distribute schedule assignments for the new class session. Students in Taiwan wear school uniforms, boys wear blue while girls wear red. I think they got a kick out of us trying our best to communicate with them. English classes were a highlight for me. It gave us a chance to discuss cultural differences in school and how other countries celebrate Valentine's Day. I will never forget a girl named Crystal in Eric's class...she kept saying "excuse me" because she wanted to practice speaking English with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment