Thursday, February 10, 2011

Kaohsiung Cont'd

Another hot sunny day in Kaohsiung with lunch at "Modern Toilet Restaurant". Nothing like getting your coconut chicken curry in a ceramic toilet bowl! Emily...I will let you explain the 3 steps of #2! We have checked out so many sights this week b/c of the school break for Chinese New Year's. The city is currently getting ready for the Lantern Festival next week along Love River. It combines a lantern exhibition with a variety of art performances, and of course a fireworks show. Last night we walked along the river to check out the different motifs and the "Flying Dragon Fish" statue. I couldn't resist myself when I saw the human running statue...Lol After we took this photo...my battery died!














Our homestay family (Echo, Samuel, & Eric) took us out to this amazing restaurant called Taoban. We ate a 7 course meal...so many different foods sent a tidal wave through my taste buds! Who knew lamb could taste so good with a sweet red wine vinegar drink. Even my pear, mushroom, and pork soup kept me on my toes! I have also been experimenting with so many different teas since we have arrived. Red, green, oolong, black, milk, grapefruit, herbal...cold or hot I am falling in love with them all.














Our dinner night was filled with so much laughter! Sylvia just couldn't contain herself...we were so full with food that Jame's button on his shirt was popping out! Perhaps it was the 2 expresso's? We wrapped up our night with a game of scrabble. What better way to teach English...okay maybe I had an advantage having an English teacher as my partner! Got to start packing my bags...spending the weekend in Taipei.

No comments:

Post a Comment