Monday, February 7, 2011

I will attempt to type absolutely everything I wrote in my Journal yesterday. (Paraphrased) stuff about yesterday and today...

Current Time : 7:16 am February 6th 2011 Location: Kaohsiung, Taiwan

I don't feel ANY jetlag at all. Last Night at the airport I had one of the best moments ever! Of all the poeple taht came to the airport, my homestay was the only one that made a sign... WELCOME STEPHANIE FENG. I was VERY excited.

During the car ride back to my homestay's house, I got the know many things about my homestay and Taiwanese culture. My buddy Chiang is 16 and has 2 siblings. Daniel, who is 19 goes to University away from Kaohsiung. Jenny who is 13, goes to junior high school. Something surprising about coming to Taiwan is that JUSTIN BEIBER is well known and loved... OH! and They are all VERRRRYYYY Funny and entertaining people.

Stuff about the Plane Journey:

In the Beginning

Kirstie Me Tanya
Sylvia Emly Hailey
Nicholas Amy Colin
James

By the End.

Kirstie Hailey Emily
Nicholas Sylvia Me
Amy Tanya Colin
James

Only 3 of us ended staying in the same place, and I'm not even goignt o mention the puke and nosebleeds

When we were in Hong Kong airport, we all suddenly had a craving for McDonalds! Colin and Nicholas got Grilled Chicken burgers with a strawberry milkshake. Kirstie , Syl and I got a Ebi burger meal, a coke-zero Mcfloat and a Orange fanta Mcfloat. I should have asked for no ice because in the end, all the icecream was in and under the ice cubes. The fries were also awkwardly soggy.

Current time: 9:11am Monday February 7th Location: Bus enroute to Tainan

Recap of Yesterday!

At 10:00 I left the house to take the MRT for the first time. We got on at R17 and headed to R14 to have our All Vegetarian Buffet. The food was very interesting. Things that you would expect to be meat just turned out to be a vegetarian substitute.. For example, instead of Salmon Sashimi, it was flavoured turnip(not really sure what it was, I just know that it wasn't fish) There was an unlimited amount of ice cream you could have! My favourite part of the buffet was the fruit.. it was all very delicious.

We then headed around all different floors and explored the department store centre. BUBBLE TEA for $1.50 CAD! and it was the GOOD STUFF. After the mall, we went to a very big night market. We went to different food stands just to try them out. There were things like fish balls, popcorn chicken, juices, ice cream, dumplings, octopus, and even bugs to eat. There were also many carnival games, We through rings at things and won them.

Current time: 11:52 pm February 7th 2011 Location: Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Today was an entertaining day. Many of the things I did today, I have never thought I would ever do. Today I woke up at 6:30 to be driven to the MRT at 7:10am. We got on the MRT at R19 and got off at R9 (School) I had a Sausage and Egg McMuffin for breakfast. The orange juice tastes MUCH more natural over here compared to back in Vancouver. NOSEBLEED. We then headed on the bus where Tanya told me to write: Hanskin - Blemish Balm (BB) cream, costed $100 US a tube but Korea got ingrediants from Germany and started mass producing it. The price is reduced to $20 USD per tube now. It is said to be a "one shote cosmetic" that offers many benefits, such as UV protection, a light foundation, acne fighting, hydrating, as well as giving the skin a natural and glowing tone. Sales in Duty Free stores count for 40% of total Korean sales.

More to come tomorrow.. BUT ITS TIME TO SLEEP!!!


Au revoir!

Steph.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Steph for taking notes...great article in the Taipei News!

    ReplyDelete